Ransomware Protection with the Power of Deception
Containment and Early Warning that Chokes Off Attacks
DeceptionGrid captures, contains, and stifles ransomware attacks before they do harm.
The most observed threat in 2020, ransomware shows no signs of slowing down as attacks continue to advance, avoiding conventional security. DeceptionGrid lures the attacker to a ransomware trap where an entirely realistic but simulated proprietary data store allows ransomware to successfully encrypt data in a perpetual loop.
Problems We Solve
Conventional security controls will not keep the attackers out of your network. Attackers have figured out how to avoid detection once they are in.
01Growing Ransomware Attacks
Growing Ransomware Attacks
Alarming frequency of attacks across all major industries
- Attacks will occur every 11 seconds by 2021 (CyberSecurity Ventures)
- Healthcare, government, education are preferred targets
- No signs of slowing down as attacks continue to advance
02Increasing Ransomware Costs to Organizations
Increasing Ransomware Costs to Organizations
Ransomware is about robbing you of your operation; it holds your business hostage by holding your data hostage. Ransom payments are growing, along with the cost of downtime and of getting back to business
- University of California San Francisco (UCSF) paid $1.14M (Forbes, June 29, 2020)
- City of Atlanta paid $11M+ to rebuild its systems (SC Magazine August 2018)
- Average cost of downtime is now 94% greater than in 2019 (“Global State of the Channel Ransomware Report” – November 2020)
03Vulnerabilities, Blind spots & Sophistication
Vulnerabilities, Blind spots & Sophistication
Conventional controls and frameworks are no match for attackers who are fast and agile, seizing your operation before you can respond. Over 95% of ransomware attacks take less than 4 hours to take over a target system
- Phishing emails & Windows endpoints are common weak spots
- Lack of endpoint visibility of remote devices, IoT and OT
- Sophisticated ransomware go around traditional security
Misdirection, Capture and Containment
Invisible to the end user, fake files, credentials and links pull the attack away from real assets toward realistic traps; infinite encryption loop captures the attacker
Agile and Scalable
Real assets are surrounded by a high number of decoys, dramatically reducing the risk of a successful attack.
Non-signature-based technique identifies when files are being encrypted, and therefore can detect any ransomware variant.
Protection of any asset with an IP address on your network, regardless of cyber-hygiene or device type.
Easy integration with the TrapX ecosystem for immediate containment of attacked endpoint(s), preventing proliferation of ransomware across network.
Explore the latest data, content, and industry perspectives to launch your own Deception success story.